Hale Na`au Pono’s Volunteer Services Program was designed to provide agency programs with volunteer support services. Volunteers assist various agency programs by assisting staff in completing daily tasks in areas such as record filing, clerical typing, telephone receptionist, grounds maintenance and special projects. As a volunteer, you will be providing help to the community, while learning on the job skills and gain valuable work experience.Learn Job Skills & Gain Experience
- Learn to answer a multi-line telephone system as a receptionist.
- Learn receptionist skills by greeting agency visitors and directing them to the appropriate agency staff.
- Learn computer skills, such as word processing, computer spreadsheets, database data entry.
- Learn file organizing – alphabetical, numerical and chronological based filing systems.
- Learn proper office conduct, etiquette, and social skills.
- Learn to care for and operate various office equipment.
- Increase reading and writing skills while assisting with daily tasks.
Hale Na`au Pono is flexible with volunteer service terms. A short term commitment for volunteer’s service last between one to six months and a long term commitment lasts between six months to one year. Once the volunteer’s initial term of service is completed, Hale Na`au Pono is not obligated to hire the volunteer into any staff position. However, we have been very fortunate to have former volunteers who have applied and found employment at Hale Na`au Pono as job vacancies become available. Hale Na`au Pono is a drug-free workplace and conducts periodic and random drug testing of all employees and volunteers.Volunteer Application Process - Applying for Hale Na`au Pono’s Volunteer Services Program is easy as 1 –2 –3…
- Contact the Volunteer Program Supervisor at (808) 696-4211 between the hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday to make an appointment. If you are a college student and wish to use your volunteer service as a practicum study, please inform the Volunteer Program Supervisor when making your appointment.
- Arrive about 15 minutes early for your appointment and fill out a volunteer application.
- Bring a letter of referral and/or your current resume to your appointment, if you have one.